Hi I’m Ashleigh (also known as Mummmmmmm, Mummy.) I am the business owner and creator behind XO Collectives. I am a stay at home Mama. My daughter Willow is almost two and my son Braxton is 3 months old so things are very hectic around our household. I met my partner Hayden, when I was 19 at a speedway track of course and together we have built a beautifully sweet life.
We live in the beautiful little country town of Bullsbrook, Western Australia spending our free time at any speedway track throughout Australia racing at every opportunity we get. I fell into creating beautiful baby items for my own little bundle of joy, Willow when I had a clear idea of what I wanted for her but could never seem to find what I was looking for. I wanted to create beautiful items for those around me and share my passion, which then in turn brought me to the idea of creating a small business for myself and things took off from there. I am hoping that my business can keep growing allowing me the freedom to spend as much time as I can with my amazing kids. I want to be there for every milestone and be that cool mum that helps out at school – well here is to hoping anyway!
So here are 5 interesting facts about me!
- Speedway – We live and breathe speedway! With racing going back 3 generations in my family I really had no hope of liking anything but racing. My partner Hayden is also from a racing family so growing up we both travelled around the country racing! The funny thing is we had never spoken nor bumped into each other prior to meeting in 2011. It must have been fate! I also volunteer at my local speedway track at every meeting, and I am the treasurer for my racing division which keeps me that extra bit busy.
- Essential Oils – I absolutely love essential oils! This has been a new-found love of mine. when my daughter was born, I decided I wanted a healthier and toxin free house so I removed everything in sight! Our diffuser is constantly going in our house – in saying that I actually have 6 diffusers in our house eeek! Whether it be for a winter bug, a stuffy nose or just purely for the beautiful aroma, they are constantly working! I’ve always got my bag of rollers on me no matter where I go – these have absolutely changed my life.
- Family – Family means absolutely everything to me! I adore my siblings – I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. My kids are my absolute world, there is not one thing I wouldn’t do for them! I want to give them every opportunity so they can achieve whatever their hearts desire, so I will work as hard as I can to ensure that I can give them both the best future possible! I definitely wouldn’t be who I am today without my beautiful and crazy family!
- WINEEEE – I absolutely love a good glass of wine come Friday!
- Indoor Plants –I am still learning all the tricks of the trade to being a green thumb and sometimes they don’t seem to survive but I go out the next day buy a new one and replace it and try again. I don’t like coloured plants – just plain green, but I’m loving this new hobby of mine.
So, there you have it a little about me and my crazy life!
It’s only the beginning with all the plans we have in the pipe line for the future of XO Collectives – thanks for joining me on this journey and to each and every one of you for making my dream a reality! Stay tuned for some exciting things coming!